You can receive special educational provision in lots of different ways.  This could be through:

  • school sixth forms (both mainstream and special schools) 
  • sixth form colleges 
  • further education colleges 
  • 16-19 Academies 
  • special post-16 institutions 
  • vocational learning and training providers in the private or voluntary sector.

There are study programmes you might want to follow which include:

  • A-levels, 
  • GCSEs, 
  • BTECs,
  • T-Levels and 
  • other vocational or stepping-stone qualifications. 

You could also go on to gain work experience through an apprenticeship, traineeship or supported internship.

Remember, the Children and Families Act 2014 doesn’t cover any learning that is higher education (which means study programmes or apprenticeships at Level 4 or above).