If you are not happy with the changes your local authority (LA) is making, you can appeal your child’s EHC plan once it is issued. You cannot appeal before this point (for example when your local authority (LA) writes to tell you it has decided to amend the plan).

If your LA is late to issue the final amended EHC plan, you can use our template letter to complain: Template letter 15: complaining when the local authority does not send out the final amended EHC plan in time.

You will need to make sure your appeal is sent to the SEND Tribunal within 2 months of the date on the LA’s letter enclosing the final EHC plan or one month from the date on the mediation certificate, whichever is later.

Please see our pages on how to submit an appeal and contents appeals for more information.