Parents and young people have the right to request that a particular school, college or other setting is named in an EHC plan. If the LA does not agree to the parent or young person’s request and names a different setting, this can also be appealed to the SEND Tribunal.

You can read more about your rights, and how to bring an appeal on this issue, in our detailed briefing which you can download here.