IPSEA does not advise on the law that applies in Wales so please use the links below for some useful resources for those living in Wales.

There is a different legal framework for SEN in Wales. You can find out more here New ALN System - Snap Cymru. Under this system Individual Development Plans (IDP) are gradually replacing the current SEN Statement, Individual Education Plan and Learning and Skills Plan. 

If you move from Wales to England with a statement or IDP there is no duty on your new English LA to assume responsibility for the provision. This means you will need to request an EHC needs assessment, and you will not be able to do that until you have moved.

For more information please see: