If your child has not been seen by a speech and language therapist, you can ask your GP or their school to refer them to their local service.

You can search for independent speech and language therapists in your area using the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice’s directory - https://asltip.com/find-a-speech-therapist/ 

Health and Care Professions Council standards of proficiency for speech and language therapists - https://www.hcpc-uk.org/standards/standards-of-proficiency/speech-and-language-therapists/