Yes - pupils who have learning difficulties and/or disabilities may qualify for help (called ‘access arrangements’) in public examinations. The most common arrangements are extra time, or provision of a computer, or a person to read or write for the pupil (except for exams that specifically test these skills, such as English).

Read our page about getting extra help in exams for more information.