If you need help with an appeal or claim in the SEND Tribunal or judicial review, please see our where can I get help? page.

If you decide you would like a solicitor to help you, you should first check whether you qualify for legal aid because, if so, this could mean you won’t have to pay for their help. You can check if you are eligible online or on the phone. There is more information about whether you may be eligible for legal aid, how to check this and find a provider on our where can I get help? page.

IPSEA cannot recommend a specific firm but suggest you find a firm or a solicitor with expertise in education law. For judicial review cases, a “public law” solicitor can also help. You can search for local solicitors by area of practice (“education” or “judicial review – legal aid”) using the Law Society’s pro-search tool.