This section of an EHC plan has two parts.

In the case of those under 18, social care provision which is being provided under the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act (CSDPA) 1970 must be set out in Section H1 and must be provided by your local authority (LA) under that Act.  

All other social care services, including services provided under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 (but not under Section 2 of the CSDPA 1970) must be included in Section H2 of the EHC plan, if applicable. For a young person over 18, the care element of the plan may be provided by adult services under the Care Act 2014  and this will be set out in Section H2, again if applicable. Your LA may also include in Section H2 any other social care provision reasonably required by the child or young person, which is not linked to their learning difficulties or disabilities.

If this is not being provided you will need to complain to the social care department of your LA.

For more information on this topic, see our main advice page on enforcing your EHC plan.