Social services can provide a wide range of support such as practical assistance in the home, respite care and short breaks, home adaptations, travel and other assistance.

To get support from social care, they need to carry out an assessment. You can ask the local authority to assess your child or young person’s social care needs, and any needs you may have as their parent/carer.

You can find out more about social care on our website.