If your child or young person’s SEND is due to personal injury, you may wish to seek legal advice on potential compensation.

If the injury was as a result of clinical negligence you should check if you qualify for legal aid - https://www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid. Otherwise, you can search for personal injury solicitors in your area using the Law Society pro-search function: http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/?Pro=True 

Any settlement should include an Educational Indemnity. This makes sure that costly litigation to secure educational support is indemnified, and where adequate provision cannot be secured through a SEND Tribunal appeal, this support will be funded by the person or body responsible for the child’s injuries. You can read more about this process here (please note IPSEA is not recommending the firm).