If a child has not been seen by an occupational therapist, parents can ask their GP to refer them to their local service.

Parents can search for independent occupational therapists in their area using the Royal College of Occupational Therapists’ directory - https://rcotss-ip.org.uk/find

Health & Care Professions Council standards of proficiency for occupational therapists - https://www.hcpc-uk.org/standards/standards-of-proficiency/occupational-therapists/

For information on common sensory processing difficulties, assessments, interventions and strategies see https://cerebra.org.uk/download/sensory-processing/