Local Authorities: SEND Law Training Day
Face to Face Course: at your venue
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
This one day course aims to provide an overview of the law relating to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (“SEN”). It has been specifically tailored for local authority staff and covers the main elements of the SEN legal framework, as well as other related areas of law.
The course relates to the law as it applies in England.
Our expected outcome is for participants to finish the course with a sound understanding of the framework of SEN law and the duties of LAs, schools and colleges towards children and young people with SEN. Topics covered during day include:
- The SEN legal framework, including statutory duties on local authorities
- EHC needs assessments and EHC plans, including admissions for children and young people with EHC plans
- Naming a school or college in an EHC plan
- Home to school Transport
This course has been devised and is delivered specifically for local authority professionals. It is aimed at those with some knowledge or experience of this area of law, but would also be suitable for participants without prior knowledge of it, or who are new to this field of work.
COURSE DELIVERY & COST
This is a face to face course delivered at your venue. The course costs: £2,500 Payment is made through invoice. All expenses are included.
WHY CHOOSE IPSEA
IPSEA are experts in the field of special educational needs and disability (SEND) law. We have been providing advice and advocacy to parents for over 30 years; from the first stages of advice right through to tribunal and higher level appeals. We are involved in over 5000 consultations a year and support over 400 appeals to Tribunal. Unlike solicitors or barristers we see the breadth and depth of all legal issues and take on cases from beginning to end. Many of our staff are legally trained and some of our courses are accredited with the Bar Standards Board. We pride ourselves on the level of expertise we offer; even barristers undertake our training. We are in a unique position having the history, scope and knowledge in our field.
HOW TO BOOK
Please complete our online training request form.
OTHER COURSES AVAILABLE
- Foundation Level SEND Law training Day for parents - a one day face-to-face course delivered during school hours to groups of parents at your venue. This training can also be delivered to ‘mixed’ groups composed of parents, those advising parents and others, such as LA staff.
- Foundation Level online learning – entry level training aimed at parents or anyone who wished to gain a basic understanding of SEND law.