FACE TO FACE ADVICE SESSIONS
In conjunction with the Pen Green Centre for Children and Families IPSEA is able to offer legally based information and next step advice through face to face sessions at a number of centres across the country.
Appointments are available at the following times and locations:
Mondays at Pen Green Centre Corby, Northamptonshire
Tuesdays in Haringey, North London
Fridays in Stockport, Greater Manchester
At a Face to Face session you will be able to discuss any educational issue that is the result of your child’s SEN. This could include questions about:
- Your school and Local Authority's legal duties to support your child whether or not they have an Education, Health and Social Care (EHC) Plan
- Applying for an EHC needs assessment and Plan
- What the EHC Plan should say
- Helping you to fill in or check through documentation, such as application forms and draft EHC Plans
- How to secure a place at the school of your choice
- The Annual Review of your child’s EHC Plan
- Transport to and from school
- Actions which discriminate against your child because of their disability
- Fixed term or permanent exclusions
- How and where to complain if you’re not happy
- Appealing to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal.
The sessions are open to parents of all children and young people with SEN from age 0-25. The service is fully independent of the Local Authority, and all sessions are confidential.
To book an appointment at the Pen Green Centre in Corby, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - Please provide a contact number to make it easier for an appointment to be arranged for you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any further appointments in Haringey at present. There has been an enormous demand for appointments and our adviser is now fully booked for several weeks and we have a waiting list of parents who will be allocated the next available appointments.
To book an appointment at Charnwood Nursery in Stockport, please email email@example.com or contact her on 07843168508 - Please provide a contact number to make it easier for an appointment to be arranged for you.
The IPSEA office staff are not able to arrange face to face appointments.