LEVEL 2 / INTERMEDIATE ONLINE LEARNING
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
This modular online course builds on the learning acquired in the Level 1 / Elementary online learning and face-to-face training to give a more in-depth knowledge of certain areas of law relating to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (“SEN Law”).
The online course also aims to provide an introduction to the elements of health and social care law which would be relevant to a child or young person who had or wished to have an Education Health and Care plan (“EHC plan”).
The course relates to the law as it applies in England.
- The course is in 10 sequential modules
- All modules must be undertaken to complete the course
- The pass mark is 75%, on successful completion you will receive a certificate which details your proficiency in each module
- Learners do not get an index of wrong or right answers. If you score lower in particular modules you can refer to the resources to refresh your learning
- If you fail the pass mark you are given one more opportunity to complete the course.
By the end of the modules we would expect participants to be able to confidently advise and support parents or young people over a much greater range of situations involving EHC plans and the process of obtaining such a plan, including in more complex cases than they may have done on completion of the Elementary level training. We would also expect them to be able to support a parent or young person through the process of mediation prior to an appeal to the SEND Tribunal being lodged. Finally we would expect them to be able to advise and support parents and young people who were having issues with transport entitlements to school or college, and to be able to support them to challenge a LA’s decision on this issue. The modules covered in this online course are:
- The duty to specify in an EHC plan
- Annual Reviews
- Transition from statements to EHC plans
- Introduction to Social Care Law
- Introduction to Health Care Law
- Personal Budgets and Direct Payments
- Home to School Transport
- Mental Capacity
This online course is suitable as a stand-alone course of study, but is also designed to complement our Level 2 / Intermediate Training Day. Combining the training in this way will offer participants an opportunity to fully consolidate their learning and to deal with individual queries on the course content.
This online course has been devised and is delivered specifically for professionals. It is designed for those who have completed our Level 1 / Elementary online or face-to-face training but would also be suitable for others who have prior knowledge or experience of SEN law gained from supporting or advising parents or young people in this area.
COURSE DELIVERY & COST
This is an online course. Each module takes approximately three hours to complete and you have six months to complete the course. The course costs:
- £350 for local parent groups and charities with an income of less than £200k
- £500 for charities with an income over £200k
- £700 for private and public sector organisations, independent consultants
Payment can be made online or via invoice. If you would like to be invoiced please email email@example.com
If you are purchasing this course in bulk, discounts may apply.
Up to 10 people
Local Parent Groups/Charities under £200k
Charities over £200k
WHY CHOOSE IPSEA
IPSEA are experts in the field of special educational needs and disability (SEND) law. We have been providing advice and advocacy to parents for over 30 years; from the first stages of advice right through to tribunal and higher level appeals. We are involved in over 5000 consultations a year and support over 400 appeals to Tribunal. Unlike solicitors or barristers we see the breadth and depth of all legal issues and take on cases from beginning to end. Many of our staff are legally trained and some of our courses are accredited with the Bar Standards Board. We pride ourselves on the level of expertise we offer; even barristers undertake our training. We are in a unique position having the history, scope and knowledge in our field.
HOW TO BOOK
Please complete our online training request form.
OTHER COURSES AVAILABLE
- Level 2 / Intermediate Training Day - a more in-depth course aimed at professionals who have already undertaken the Level 1 / Elementary training (online or face-to-face), delivered at your venue.
- Level 1 / Elementary Training Day - an introductory level face-to-face course aimed at professionals who support and advise parents.
- Level 1 / Elementary Level online learning - designed to complement the Level 1 face-to-face training, this covers the same topics in far more detail and depth. Ideal for professionals supporting and advising parents, or parents who have completed the Foundation level e-learning and wished to increase their knowledge.
- Foundation Level SEND Law Training Day - a one day face-to-face course delivered during school hours to groups of parents at your venue. This training can also be delivered to ‘mixed’ groups composed of parents, those advising parents and others, such as LA staff.
- Foundation Level online learning – entry level training aimed at parents or anyone who wished to gain a basic understanding of SEND law. This would also complement the parent training course and allows participants to study in their own time to learn more about the topics covered during that face-to-face course.
- Tribunal Training Day - a course aimed specifically at those advising or supporting parents covering all aspects of bringing appeals to the SEND tribunal, delivered at your venue.