IPSEA (Independent Parental Special Education Advice) is a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’). This statement confirms IPSEA’s commitment to protect your privacy and to process your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Act.
The personal information we collect may include:
• Your name
• Your child’s name
• Your address
• Your child’s age / date of birth
• Your email address
• Your telephone number[s]
• Your household income
• Your ethnicity
• Your Local Authority details
• Other information relating to your child’s disability / needs
• Other information relating to your child’s education
IPSEA will use this information for the following reasons:
• To carry out regular monitoring
• To analyse our services and their demographic reach
• Service improvement
• To keep you updated with developments in IPSEA
• To update you on the wider context of special educational need (SEN)
• For fundraising purposes (as anonymous case studies for example)
• To comply with our legal obligations
• To assist with complaints and dispute resolution
Monitoring and recording of communications
We may monitor or record any communication between you and IPSEA for quality control and training purposes.
IPSEA has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information, and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for our purposes or against your wishes for us not to retain it.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other sites. IPSEA is not responsible for the data protection and privacy practices within any of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the data protection and privacy statements on other websites. This statement applies solely to our website.
Complaints about how we process your personal information
In the first instance, an individual should contact IPSEA. Complaints should be addressed to:
Chief Exectutive Officer
24 Gold Street
This statement may change from time to time. You should therefore review it regularly.