IPSEA’s Advice Line Call-Back Booking Service
Welcome to IPSEA's Advice Line Call-Back Booking Service. This service offers 45 minute telephone advice sessions that you can book at a specific time that suits you (subject to availability).
A call-back can be about any educational issue that is the result of a child’s special educational needs (SEN) or disability. IPSEA's Volunteer Adviser will give you up-to-date information on the law, and what it allows you to do. They will also give you clear next-step advice.
Examples of the problems that we support include:
• Difficulties securing a statutory assessment of a child’s SEN
• Securing the right educational provision to meet a child’s needs
• Getting a particular school named in a child’s statement
• Exclusion from school
• Disability discrimination in schools
• Difficulties securing suitable home to school transport.
Your call from the Advice Line Call-Back Booking Service will explain:
• Your rights as a parent of a child with SEN
• Your child’s rights
• Local Authorities’ duties towards children with SEN and their parents
• The duties of schools towards children and their parents.
YOU CANNOT ACCESS ADVICE OR SUPPORT REGARDING APPEALS TO THE SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY TRIBUNAL VIA THIS SERVICE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH A TRIBUNAL APPEAL OUR CALL-BACK VOLUNTEERS WILL NOT BE QUALIFIED TO ADVISE YOU AND WILL BE UNABLE TO PROCEED WITH THE CALL.
For help with Tribunal Appeals click here.
Click here to book a call-back from an IPSEA Advice Line Volunteer.